RE: Yes/No checkbox is no longer a checkbox
- From: "ragtopcaddy via AccessMonster.com" <u9289@uwe>
- Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 22:06:29 GMT
I tried changing it to Yes/No, but I still see 0's and -1's. Just another one
of those mysteries.
A make table query is the results of the output of a query. It can only
guess at what data types to use for a field. It appears, in this case, it is
makinging into an integer or long integer. You would have to change the data
type back to Yes/No (Boolean) data type.
Compact and repair will remove the bloat from a database, but it will not
affect any table structures. Avoid using the Decompile unnecessarily. It is
really only indented to use as a way to try to recove a corrupt database and
only works (sometimes) when the corruption is in a module (form, report,
standard, or class).
You Q&D for creating tables with a make table is okay, but be sure you check
the data types and for text fields, the length. A make table query assigns
the length specified in your database options as the default length, so it
may be too long or not long enough for the data you intend for later use.
Thanks Klatuu,[quoted text clipped - 31 lines]
"If you can't laugh at yourself, laugh at somebody else"
Message posted via AccessMonster.com
- Prev by Date: Re: Passing variable from one Module to another module
- Next by Date: Re: filtering a report based on form field value
- Previous by thread: RE: Yes/No checkbox is no longer a checkbox
- Next by thread: Re: Yes/No checkbox is no longer a checkbox