RE: LIST BOX ISSUES

You can make the order by any field you would like, selecting in at the row
source of the list box

Select [Person Name] , Address, Phone, Fax From TableName Order By [Person
Name]

That will sort the list box by person name Ascending, to sort Descecnding
you have to specify
Select [Person Name] , Address, Phone, Fax From TableName Order By [Person
Name] Desc

--
I hope that helped
Good luck

"Faze" wrote:

> Thank you, Ofer!
>
> It almost worked, I'm still working out the little bugs. One other questions
> if I may. How do I make my list box sort in alphabetical order?
>
> Thanks!!!
>
> "Ofer" wrote:
>
> > Include all the fields that you want to display in the form in the row source
> > of the list box
> > Select [Person Name] , Address, Phone, Fax From TableName
> >
> > On the after update event of the list box, you can write the code
> > Me.Address = Me.ListBoxName.Column(1)
> > Me.Phone = Me.ListBoxName.Column(2)
> > Me.Fax = Me.ListBoxName.Column(3)
> >
> > Or
> > You can write in the ControlSource of each field
> > In the Address field
> > =[ListBoxName].Column(1)
> >
> > In the Address field
> > =[Phone].Column(2)
> >
> > The column number of the list box start with 0 and up
> > --
> > I hope that helped
> > Good luck
> >

> > "Faze" wrote:
> >
> > > Hello :)
> > > I'm trying to make a list box in Access to where when you click on the name
> > > of the person in the list box, his/her information from the table fills in
> > > automatically in other boxes on the form. Could someone please give me a
> > > link, answer that question or direct me to where i can find this information
> > > please? I am in the Army in Iraq and it's kind of hard to find books here, so
> > > the only info I can access is on the internet. Many thanks ahead of time for
> > > your help! If you email me, please use the email address below. Thanks! :)
> > >
> > > V/R,
> > > Dimitri Todika
> > > SGT, USA
> > > 1/3 ACR
> > > dtodika@xxxxxxxxx

  • Re: Best way to query a enormous database table
    ... If you are selecting the rows to display them on some sort of a UI, ... to use pagination and limit the set you pick up from the database. ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • Re: database properties
    ... - Look at the local document stencil for the master "Database Model". ... is probably some sort of COM object, "bit bucket" that stores the model ... somehow generating the type library for it, then you might be in luck. ... Visio MVP ...
    (microsoft.public.visio.developer)
  • Re: Sorting files
    ... I'd like to be able to get "Files" to sort my files in alphabetical ... As yet no luck. ... You may have to tap enter ... once more at the end depending on exactly how long you held down ...
    (comp.sys.hp48)
  • Re: How do allotments work?
    ... but it occurs to me that it could be used very well as allotments. ... of the applicable law for this matter. ... I do wish you very much good luck with the project. ... just sort of see if you can find someone to talk to, there, and see what you ...
    (uk.rec.sheds)
  • Re: Have I offended or..?
    ... sort of post I am leading w/my chin, ... Mike Cripe ... Posting to a newsgroup is totally "luck of the draw". ...
    (rec.music.makers.guitar.jazz)