Re: Common Cause for Combo Box Not Showing Value

To answer your question about the form's recordsource - using the table is
fine.
About the combo boxes.
Which column is the bound column for cboDMCategories?
Which column has DMCategories in it?

In the after update event for cboDMCategories, put this line of code
Debug.Print "DMCategory: " & Me.cboDMCategories

Open the form and select a category.
Press Ctl + G to open the immediate window.
What is the value for DMCategory in the immediate window?

Jeanette Cunningham

"ridgerunner" <ridgerunner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
If I drop down cboQstVal I do not seen any data.
3 columns are in cboDMCategories
4 columns in cboQstVal
I do not understand the question about the foreign field for the query for
cboQstVal.
The query is the same as the SELECT statement below.

I would like to ask another question. The form originally used the table
that the data would be entered into as the Record Source, before I tried
using combo boxes. Would that be different now?

Thanks for your help

"Jeanette Cunningham" wrote:

as you had it
forms!testsubfrmDMInspDet!cboDMCategories

A few questions.
How many columns in cboDmCategories?
Which column is the foreign field for the query for cboQstVal?
How many columns in cboQstVal?
If you drop down cboQstVal, can you see any data?

Jeanette Cunningham

"ridgerunner" <ridgerunner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
What would it look like if the subform is not yet sitting inside a main
form?

"Jeanette Cunningham" wrote:

Hi,
there is a problem with the way you are referencing the subform.
Change
forms!testsubfrmDMInspDet!cboDMCategories
forms!MainFormName!NameOfSubformControl!cboDmCategories

Replace MainFormName and NameOfSubformControl with your names.
Note that the name of the subform control may be different from the
name
of
the form that sits inside the subform control.

Jeanette Cunningham

"ridgerunner" <ridgerunner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Is there a common reason for a combo box not showing any values?
Is there something wrong with the code in the RowSource, below:

cboQstPtVal
SELECT tblQuestions.QstWithPtVal, tblQuestions.QstID,
tblQuestions.[DM
Category] FROM tblQuestions WHERE (((tblQuestions.[DM
Category])=forms!testsubfrmDMInspDet!cboDMCategories));

If I add "OR 'An actual category name' " that category list will
show
up.

cboDMCategories allows a user to pick a category and is working. I
put
an
AfterUpdate Event in the cboDMCategories to Requery cboQstVal, but
that
has
not helped.

Thanks very much
ridgerunner

  • Re: Common Cause for Combo Box Not Showing Value
    ... The query is the same as the SELECT statement below. ... "Jeanette Cunningham" wrote: ... How many columns in cboDmCategories? ... Note that the name of the subform control may be different from the name ...
    (microsoft.public.access.forms)
  • Re: Common Cause for Combo Box Not Showing Value
    ... Which column is the foreign field for the query for cboQstVal? ... Note that the name of the subform control may be different from the name ... cboDMCategories allows a user to pick a category and is working. ...
    (microsoft.public.access.forms)
  • Re: Common Cause for Combo Box Not Showing Value
    ... Which column is the bound column for cboDMCategories? ... Which column has DMCategories in it? ... Note that the name of the subform control may be different from the ...
    (microsoft.public.access.forms)