Re: Northwind Database Employee Form Photo

I appreciate that info! One of the things I am intersted in is how a user
adds/removes a photo and I like the way the NWIND form does that. I suspect
I could incorporate the two ideas, avoiding the OLE issues and still have
nice functionality for users adding pictures? I could sure use some help.
I'm fairly new to Access.

Advice?

Thanks again!!!

"Larry Linson" <bouncer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> "bmoses" wrote
>
> > I'm looking for some advice on using the NWIND
> > Employee Form (The photograph piece) on one
> > of my forms. I like the way you can add/delete
> > the pictures.
> >
> > What do I need to copy from the NWIND Form (& Code?)....and any pointers
> on
> > modifying the code? I just want to make sure I get all the pieces.
>
> As I recall, the NWIND form you describe uses OLE Objects to store
> pictures. There are some drawbacks to that technique. But the following
> may help: the sample imaging databases at http://accdevel.tripod.com
> illustrate three approaches to handling images in Access, and the download
> includes an article discussing considerations in choosing an approach. Two
> of the approaches do not use OLE Objects and, thus, avoid the database
> bloat, and some other problems, associated with images in OLE Objects.
>
> If you are printing the images in reports, to avoid memory leakage, you
> should also see MVP Stephen Lebans'
> http://www.lebans.com/printfailures.htm. PrintFailure.zip is an Access97
> MDB containing a report that fails during the Access formatting process
> prior to being spooled to the Printer Driver. This MDB also contains code
> showing how to convert the contents of the Image control to a Bitmap file
> prior to printing. This helps alleviate the "Out of Memory" error that can
> popup when printing image intensive reports.
>
> Larry Linson
> Microsoft Access MVP

  • Re: Add Picture (jpg)
    ... Then how do I get the picture to show ... I create my labels from Access data, using Access Reports... ... associated with images in OLE Objects. ...
    (microsoft.public.access.reports)
  • Re: Working with pictures in a table field ----- tips?
    ... pictures to each record in this table. ... associated with images in OLE Objects. ... Memory" error that can popup when printing image intensive reports. ...
    (comp.databases.ms-access)
  • Re: Pictures do not appear in preview
    ... I can see the images in the database by dbl clicking ... associated with images in OLE Objects. ... If you are printing the images in reports, to avoid memory leakage, you ... database bloat long associated with OLE Objects and Bound OLE Frames. ...
    (microsoft.public.access.reports)
  • Re: Question for Mr. Lebans
    ... reports with pictures and the pictures are autosized. ... store the pictures as OLE Objects. ... associated with images in OLE Objects. ... If you are printing the images in reports, to avoid memory leakage, you ...
    (microsoft.public.access.reports)
  • Re: Insert picture
    ... pictures are stored as OLE objects ... associated with images in OLE Objects. ... If you are printing the images in reports, to avoid memory leakage, you ... Memory" error that can popup when printing image intensive reports. ...
    (microsoft.public.access.modulesdaovba)