Re: Display Records In Reverse Order

From: Allen Browne (AllenBrowne_at_SeeSig.Invalid)
Date: 10/21/04

Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 19:50:37 +0800

Did you include the line:
    Me.OrderByOn = True

The presence of the foreign key (ID1) and primary key (ID2) is normal - not
an issue.

--
Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP.  Perth, Western Australia.
"Alan Henry" <AlanHenry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Thanks for the quick response,
> I have tried setting the OrderBy property of the subform to sort by the
> date
> in descending order, but it does not work. It will not sort any of the
> fields
> on the subform. The table for the subform contains two IDs ID1 is linked
> ID1 of the main form. ID2 is the subform's own ID number. Could this have
> anything to do with it?
>
> "Allen Browne" wrote:
>
>> Create a query that sorts the records as desired.
>> Set the form's RecordSource to the name of the query.
>>
>> It is also possible to set the OrderBy of the form, using DESC to get
>> descending order. Remember to set OrderByOn as well.
>>

>> "Alan Henry" <Alan Henry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I have a form which contains general information about gauges. This form
>> > contains a subform listing the calibration history of the gauges. Is it
>> > possible for records in the subform to be diplayed in reverse order, so
>> > that
>> > the last record entered is displayed first (reverse chronological
>> > order).

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Display Records In Reverse Order
    ... I have tried setting the OrderBy property of the subform to sort by the date ... in descending order, ...
    (microsoft.public.access.forms)
  • Re: Sort Subform
    ... Base the subform on a query, ... > Does anyone know how I can set a sort in a subform? ... named "ID" and I'd like to sort it in descending order, ...
    (microsoft.public.access.formscoding)
  • Re: Problems with sorting
    ... Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. ... in mm/dd/yyyy format. ... the secondary sort should be in descending order by B. ...
    (microsoft.public.access.queries)
  • Re: Show Oldest Record First in subForm
    ... descending order. ... doesn't work when you sort ... I have a subform that I want to show the oldest record first in. ...
    (microsoft.public.access.forms)
  • Sort Subform
    ... Does anyone know how I can set a sort in a subform? ... One of my fields is named "ID" and I'd like to sort it in descending order, not ascending order. ...
    (microsoft.public.access.formscoding)