Re: Number Keys not functioning Properly

NUMLOCK gets disabled if you use sendkeys more than once, or if you use
"true" for the "Wait" parameter, or if you use DoEvents after the sendkeys
code. The solution is to avoid sendkeys or close the app and restart it
again (which generally works). Most of the time sendkeys can be avoided by
using other commands.

Chris
Microsoft MVP

G-man wrote:
I can not seem to get my number keys to work. One day they were working and
the next day they are not. I have switched key boards and it the same
problem. My regular numbers work but the number key pad is not working.

It also happening in other aps such as word and in email.

Any help. Yes the keyboard is plug in and the num locks are on.

  • RE: Opening Access database
    ... SendKeys doublequote percent space x doublequote ... then that app will receive the keystrokes. ... Dim LPath As String ... 'Open Access database as defined by LPath variable ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.programming)
  • RE: Shell can open an application, can it close an app too?
    ... Shell cannot close the app. ... simplest way is probably to use SendKeys to send the proper command to close ... But SendKeys can be tricky since you ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.programming)
  • Re: Blocking User Input
    ... CSV file format. ... SENDKEYS was a suggestion. ... It doesn't care what that app is and there's no way to send ...
    (microsoft.public.vb.winapi)
  • Re: Launch app (Shell)
    ... When you shell out to an app, there are API functions that can ... It is a cleaner option than SendKeys. ... Some applications, e.g. most Office applications, are Automation ... The full version of Acrobat has an Automation interface; ...
    (microsoft.public.access.modulesdaovba)
  • Re: Textbox
    ... Ken suggests in this thread it will work in a compiled app. ... Can't recall myself - I found that every singe sendkeys ... Private Declare Sub Sleep Lib "kernel32" ... AppActivate "Untitled - Notepad" ...
    (microsoft.public.vb.controls)