Re: ACCESS 2007, "subscript out of range" what's it mean; how to c

I got the same error message when importing 2003 excel files, on the
one sheet I had I found when I opened it in excel 2007 one of the cells
has a corrupt name it is possible when it is opening it in
compatibility mode it messes something up. I fixed that one cell then
it imported it fine
apprentice idiot wrote:
Clarification: the first message came when I imported from delimited files;
the second came from fixed width files.
I suppose I shall have to wait then for the final version.
"John Nurick" wrote:

I've never come across that error message, and nor had Google until it
indexed your message. _WizHook is a hidden undocumented part of the
Access object model. _WizHook.ExecuteTempImexSpec doesn't seem to exist
in Access 2003, so I guess it's new to Access 2007. From its name I
guess it's used by the text import wizard. Have you tried importing the
data from a delimited rather than fixed width file.

If you're using a beta version of Access 2007 I suggest you wait until
the final version is released.

On Wed, 15 Nov 2006 02:31:02 -0800, apprentice idiot